- 280 Group – the most comprehensive set of FREE Product Management templates. The site also has a broad selection of low cost toolkits as well. Sign-up for the newsletter while you are there.
- ProductBytes – Run by Rich Mironov, this site has a number of free templates and useful information plus a great newsletter.
- Venture Design Templates – Run by Alex Cowan, this site offers online workshops, tutorials, and templates for product design and new venture creation.
- Leanpm – This is a NEW discussion group for product managers to discuss new approaches to product management and is the group for Agile-Excellence readers. It is not for announcements.
- 280 Group LinkedIn Group (ok, this is not a Yahoo! group, but it is very active PM discussion group)
There is no shortage of good Yahoo! groups. The ones above are some that I follow regularly. There are also a number of product management groups. They tend to mostly be for announcements and very little discussion. The groups are usually connected to a local PMA (product management associations.) The 280 Group maintains a good list.
Product Management Associations
There are a number of PM associations around the world. Many function purely as discussion groups. I have chosen to highlight the most active associations that have their own web presence.
I blog on Product Management 2.0 by the 280 Group. Below are links to some agile and leanposts:
- Working in Small Batches(2/16/2010)
- Why Queues Hamper Our Success (2/4/2010)
- The Myth of the Iron Triangle (1/20/2010)
- It’s Time for Product Management to Become Lean (1/6/2010)
Product Management and Product Marketing
- April Dunforf, Rocketwatcher
- Brainmates, Brainrants
- Brian Lawley, Product Management 2.0
- Ethan Henry, On Product Management
- Ivan Chalif, The Productologist
- Ivan Lybbert, My Product Management Opinion
- Jeff Lash, How to Be a Good Product Manager
- Rich Mironov, Product Bytes
- Michael Ray Hopkin, Lead on Purpose
- Tom Grant, The Heretech
- Two West, The Brand Show
I still believe books are one of the most economical and easily accessible formats for deep learning. Listed below are number of books that have influenced my thinking in my career. Please note that some of these books are out of print, but you can usually find a used copy in excellent condition at a great price.